21 Aug Egg and avocado sandwich
The classic egg salad sandwich is reinvented with this healthy recipe. Give it a try and revamp your lunchtime.
- 1 egg
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ – 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Ground black pepper
- Lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 slices of multigrain bread or 1 bread roll
- Pine nuts to garnish
1. Boil the eggs in a pot with water. Leave them for approx 7 minutes.
2. While the eggs are boiling, prepare the avocado. Add avocado, dijon mustard and lemon juice and mix.
3. Toast your bread of choice to your liking.
4. Spread the avocado mixture to your toast, then add sliced egg and top with spring onion. Add flaked salt and roasted pine nuts for a personal touch.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 sandwich